For this live feed type, an Adobe Air application is downloaded onto a desktop or laptop computer which will automatically pull in the broadcast (or test loop) when the application is opened. Your computer will need to be connected to your audio and video system.
- (10Mb/s is recommended to allow for connection overhead and higher quality).
- 3GB of RAM (4GB is recommended)
- Compatible audio and video output for your screen, projector, or audio/video system (or use of appropriate adaptors/converters)
- PC output set to native resolution of screen/projector
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows®, Windows® 7 (any version); Windows® 8 (any version); or Windows 10® (any version).
Mac OS-specific Details
- Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor (PowerPC Macs are NOT supported)
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Dedicated or semi-dedicated bandwidth is important for the highest-quality streaming performance.
- Wired Internet connectivity is recommended as it tends to be more stable. Wireless will work if the quality of the connection is good.
- During testing and event, we recommend disabling public Wi-Fi hotspots sharing the same Internet connection.
- For organizations, segmenting your network traffic, disabling other access completely, or setting up QoS (Quality of Service) will help ensure that the playback machine gets preferred bandwidth.